In the latest budget announcements, the Australian government announced plans to bolster cyber security investments to accelerate digital programs and prioritise relief to support cyber spending. This move highlighted the critical nature of our threat landscape and the need to build a cyber security workforce to minimise and mitigate cyber threats nationally.
The question remains, however, are organisations implementing security-first, and by-design technology roadmaps in the private and public sectors?
The answer for each organisation will differ as they accelerate to become more agile by implementing more automated and customer-focused platforms. Agility may be the secret weapon in keeping up with competition and adapting to customer demands, but a security-first approach and shift in operations will be fundamental in protecting customer data and infrastructure.
As the pace of transformation accelerates, cyber security risks will continue to manifest with data and infrastructure security, team education, regulatory compliance, and process improvement testing organisations regardless of where their applications and data reside.
Key security considerations when planning for the road ahead:
- What visibility do you have across your entire digital attack surface to better identify and manage risks?
- What key risks and gaps do you currently have, and how can you strive more towards ensuing integrity and resilience.
- What resources, platforms and in-house skills do you require to manage and minimise the threats that face your organisation.
- What awareness training is required for users today to be more cyber-aware no matter their location
- What integrated solutions can help to reduce the complexity of supporting multiple point products and solutions, which improve organisational efficiencies
The list can go on; however, every organisation has differing needs and demands from a risk appetite, according to their size and complexity. A good starting point is the ACSC’s Essential Eight, clearly outlining eight migration strategies with three levels of maturity.
Remember, being prepared is a milestone and can make a huge difference to the roadhead.
Download our whitepaper “Build an agile and Innovative organisation to thrive in 2022” to discover how to improve your security posture as you accelerate initiatives to support availability, productivity, and resiliency.