If you’re distributing funds, interacting with your community or growing membership numbers, it’s vital you embrace the latest digital technology.
While each organisation has its own specific requirements and functionality needs, there are 4 key areas of integrated technology that all NFPs can benefit from.
With many workforces now working from home, protecting your information and data has never been more important. In fact, since 2020, 71% of large not-for-profits have moved, or are in the process of moving, to the cloud.
With constantly evolving threats to information security and the need to adhere to legal and regulatory requirements, it’s important your organisation has the ability to protect data, plus detect and react to cyber threats. Not only are data breaches costly to your bottom line, they can be extremely costly to your reputation.
To improve your resilience and strengthen data protection across your organisation, you should consider:
· Providing security awareness and training for all staff, at all levels
· Monitoring and managing information security and cyber risks
· Ensuring strict privacy policies with the abundant collection of personal information
Even in our current digital landscape, many NFPs continue to work with individual programs for communication, data storage, finance and marketing. Not only does this leave organisations open to costly mistakes and fraudulent activity, it also means Fundraising Managers like you, spend hours tackling tasks manually.
Digital technology can drive productivity and improve efficiency and service delivery, allowing you to remain agile and respond effectively.
By streamlining your fundraising, engagement and management programmes into a single platform you can benefit from:
· Automated workflows that allow alerts and communications to be triggered in real time, so you can onboard donors and suppliers immediately
· Single, seamless integration platforms, which reduce the need for manual, paper-driven administration
· Value driven digital solutions to give your team more time to focus on what they’re best at – working with clients and raising funds
EFFECTIVE USE OF DATA
To remain viable and competitive, not for profits need the ability to easily capture data on their service delivery. Not only does this allow your staff to provide services efficiently, it also means you can capture important information about your activities, outputs and outcomes, which is vital for sourcing funding and reporting.
With a seamless integrated approach your organisation can enjoy a 360-degree view of your operations, and manage real-time interactions with your members, donors and affiliates, to help deliver your mission and raise important funds.
For NFPs, it’s vital to assess your options to ensure you choose the correct programs, equipment, platforms and security from the vast collection of new technology.
Consider a holistic strategy, utilising cloud technology, and strive for value driven IT solutions that include data security software and processes
· Ensure your website is clear, competitive and contemporary; and offers an enjoyable user experience for contributions
· With social media campaigns, create clear, measurable outcomes to ensure data can be mapped against these outcomes
· Train and educate staff to research current and emerging technologies, or partner with a proven and trusted provider to create a digital transformation strategy
For many organisations in the NFP sector, moving to a single, digital platform is prohibitive because of the perceived time, disruption and costs involved. However, with the onset of the pandemic, businesses like yours now need to transform quickly.
The good news is, an integrated digital process actually delivers a robust, value-driven opportunity that includes substantial cost savings.
A sound digital technology solution can lower your overall operating costs while increasing your profitability.
· An automated system means your administration tasks become more fluid and efficient, while reducing the margins of costly human errors
· A safe migration to the cloud means your data can be stored safely, saving you up to 50% compared to traditional in-house infrastructure management
· A digital platforms means you can enjoy substantial savings on a range of items including rent, storage, paper costs, stamps, toner and rubbish collection
OPTIMISE YOUR BUSINESS WITH OUR EXPERTISE
At Nexon, our holistic solutions are engineered to reduce your costs, drive profits and boost community impact. We manage stakeholder engagements, online presence and operations with an integrated technology approach to directly address and solve your problems.
For 20+ years we’ve been creating unique digital solutions for organisations like yours, to help reduce working costs and improve workflows, plus give you greater control over financial goals and outcomes.
Our end to end, integrated technology solutions give you the ability to operate more efficiently and mitigate risk, and improve engagement with existing supporters and be rewarded with new ones.
We’ve streamlined operations for multiple NFP organisations. We’re passionate about the industry, and go above and beyond to help you achieve your goals.
Like to discover how Nexon can create a solution to help deliver your community mission?
Reach out to one of our NFP business solutions experts here