Unified Communications as a Service: Noosa Shire Council Case Study
Empowering people to communicate and collaborate anywhere through an integrated solution and delivered on a pay per month basis.
Noosa is recognised as one of Australia’s premier residential and tourist destinations. Noosa’s economy is characterised by its small scale, its environment, the proportion of open space to development, a service industry base and cultural and creative values. After re-establishing on 1 January 2014, Noosa Shire Council’s focus in the new era has been on building upon the values, services and organisational performance guided by the community.
Faced with the upcoming de-amalgamation of the Sunshine Coast Regional Council, Noosa Shire Council had a requirement to build and manage a complete network and communications environment for their multiple locations and their mobile workforce. Specifically they required:
- Access to infrastructure to run a range of business applications as required.
- A hosted Unified Communications platform.
- A hosted Email platform.
- A private Wide Area Network connecting all of Noosa Shire Council’s locations.
To add to the challenge the network and communications environment needed to be operational in a compressed timeframe.
To deliver this environment, Nexon provided a complete managed service that encompassed all of Noosa Shire Council’s network and communications requirements. The managed service is divided into 3 key areas:
- Provide and manage a hosted Unified Communications platform utilising Microsoft Lync 2013 to replace all existing PABX requirements.
- Provide and manage a hosted Exchange 2013 platform built and maintained in Nexon’s Data Centre.
- Provide and support a fully managed MPLS network to all required Noosa Shire Council sites.