Experienced Network Engineer, Sydney Australia
Full time, permanent position
Due to expansive growth, Nexon is for looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join the Sydney team. We seek an ambitious and confident worker who takes the initiative to dive into a range of network projects and solutions.
Your day-to-day responsibilities
- Full knowledge of Nexon systems, core network, and complex customers.
- Ensure contracted levels of performance are achieved by the proactive surveillance, event control and escalation management of performance related incidents.
- Direct less senior engineers, and help to coach and mentor
- Analysis of complex switching and routing faults
- Support the Service Desk in a major incident process and/or environment
- Manage day-to-day operational activities such as; design, implementation and support of production networks and security components across multiple customer solutions
- Repair, improve, upgrade or extend the functionality of the network when needed
- Respond to tickets in a timely manner, and meeting relevant SLAs with the tickets relate to changes and incidents
- Perform analysis of requests and assess technical validity and associated risks
- Monitor request feasibility and progress through the network team
- Design and develop documentation of each action required to implement changes. Update documents and implement the changes approved by the customer.
- Contribute to design and architectural decisions that meet both internal and customer requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
What skills you will bring to the team:
- 3+ years Networking experience, with at least 3 years working with Cisco Routing/Switching platforms
- Understanding of Telco/ISP Networking and strong Cisco LAN experience
- Firewall Experience: E.g. Palo Alto, Cisco ASA
- WAN technical skills: MPLS, PPP
- ASP/MSP/ISP/Telco hosting and related environments
- Experience in the design, deployment and troubleshooting of networks for service provider Customers
- High level of attention to detail with methodical troubleshooting processes
- Ability to work in both a troubleshooting and project environment
- Autonomous time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Industry-based certification including, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S or Service Provider
- Escalation point for vendor and client requests
Only Australian Residents and/or those with relevant visas to work in Australia will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, fill in the form below or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com